MIXED AGE CLASS DESCRIPTION
Six to twelve children, their parents or other caregivers, and teacher gather in an informal circle to sing, play, enjoy movement games, and explore instruments together. Activities are presented as informal, non-performance-oriented musical experiences--developmentally appropriate for children and easy for parents and caregivers--regardless of their own musical ability.
Your tuition includes:
• 45-minute of Music Together® classes (6 weeks - summer; 10 weeks - fall, winter, spring; 8 weeks for several classes offered through Mont. Co Rec. Dept.)
• 2 identical CDs of the Music Together music (1 for home, 1 for the car)
• an illustrated songbook
• parent education DVD narrated by Ken Guilmartin, founding director and Lili Levinowitz, director of research for Music Together LLC.
• infant siblings under the age of 8 months at the time of registration are always free to attend with a paid sibling.
• access to our online make up scheduler
• all adult family members are always welcome to attend class!
Children are free to participate, watch, or leave the circle and wander around the room. We know that children who appear not to be paying attention are really learning in their own way, and will often repeat class activities perfectly once they're at home.
"I'm so glad you reiterate that it's normal for children to quietly observe in class, then go home and sing and dance like crazy! If you didn't tell us that, I'd have been thinking something was wrong with my child. Instead, I'm able to rejoice when I hear and see her performing new songs from class at home all the time."- parent